Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh, right - NINE months.

It occurred to me that this is going to take a while. The pregnancy, that is. One does not carry a full-term baby until that baby is, in fact, full term, so until then there is not much going on. I didn't even know that one of my co-workers(ish) was seven months pregnant until about two weeks ago, and I've been working at this place-of-work since September. Who even knows if Zoe is going to be one to show that bump off?! She should, though, she definitely should, because now she can actually wear all of those backless or clingy/low-cut dresses she was afraid to wear on The Rachel Zoe Project because of all the negative/eating disorder commentary she would receive from the press. Our culture is obsessed with MILFs and all pregnant women, so she should just flaunt it. She's already looking more adorable.

In my daily search for Rachel Zoe photographs, I came across this blog via JustJared: Trendmill. I don't know what it covers - trends and the people who wear them/are stylish in general, I guess - but Sarah Morrison wrote a post about how she initially "ignored" the "moral dilemma" that was Season 3 of TRZP, in which Rodger constantly badgered Rachel about having a child and Rachel could not see how she would have time for such shenanigans. Morrison, in disbelief that Zoe was even capable of becoming pregnant, compiled a series of images of her favorite pregnant women, many of them styled by Zoe herself!

Kate Moss. She just looks like she is bulging oddly, or like she is wearing a belted jumpsuit many sizes too small. Nay, I don't like it.

Ashlee Simpson. Totally forgot she had a baby! When was that? In any case, I don't mind the maxi on the right but am disgusted by her flesh belt at left and whatever the fuck that hair band thing is in both. I think I'm just generally repulsed by the idea of her being pregnant, which is why I could not remember this occurring at all.

Ahh yes, our first example of someone whose legs do not get pregnant. Claudia Schiffer is one of approximately ten women whose legs stay that thin. Is Zoe number eleven? We can only hope!

Heidi Klum. She's had so many children by now that her body is just used to this. No different from an altered diet and workout regime before the Angels runway show. So far, she has the best bump.

Adriana Lima. Another Angel. Pregnancy is as good an excuse as any to eat normally, I say. I also say that wearing Alice in Wonderland blue whilst pregnant just makes one look like a fetishized, sexualized child mommy. The sexy pout really doesn't help Lima's argument - if she has one. Sexy children are all the rage in our society, just read my thesis!

Miranda Kerr: are you sure you're pregnant? If so, fuck you.

Giselle Bundchen. I think she has it pat down: just the right amount of sexy, rebel, pregnant momma. She's wearing a leather jacket, skinny black jeans, motorcycle boots, and a big ol' pregnant stomach that seems to dare anyone to coo at her. I love the juxtaposition of punk and Victoria's Secret model and mommy-to-be. Oh right, another VS model! Maybe this was the trend in Trendmill that day.

Gwen Stefani. She's another one who got real skinny all of a sudden, talked about how often she had to work out and starve herself to maintain her "bombshell" physique, and then got pregnant. I mean, if you're loaded, driven to insanity by Hollywood and the omnipresent public eye, have had a boyfriend or girlfriend for longer than 24 hours, and looking for a reason to not starve yourself, then by all means, go for it. Have a baby.

Gwen Stefani being really effing thin, Vogue April "The Shape Issue" 2004. Shot by Steven Meisel.

...on a side note, this was a really great editorial. Will now post some of my favorites from that spread. She did look great, but mainly because Steven Meisel knew how to make her look so classic. OK fine, she looks classic naturally, too. (Caroline and Heather: I know you're scowling at me...)

Such a good photograph. Everyone wants to photographed in Chanel tennis wear, actually participating in the sport.

Ugh, classic. I know she had a son but he's going to want to wear Mommy's couture.

Physically speaking, if Nicole Richie could do it, then so can Rachel Zoe. (And she styled her - look. at. those. tranny. heels.)

I'm very much looking forward to a tranny-heeled pregnancy. I don't think I will be disappointed. Now I have to go get my laundry from the place a block and a half away, and those are long blocks. If I were pregnant, John would do this for me. But, if I were pregnant, both of my male roommates would have jumped ship.

Here is the link to the original Trendmill article by Sarah Morrison; has a great title: http://trendmill.com/editorials/2131-let-s-get-pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment